Job description / Role
Lead and drive all activities of the Asset Management function pertaining to the monitoring, management, sale and / or disposal of assets owned by the Client to ensure that well informed decisions that maximize portfolio value and returns in line with the Client’s strategy, business plan and management guidelines are made.
– Monitor market trends in value, cost and supply / demand fundamentals to identify property acquisition, development or disposal opportunities.
– Provide oversight at a property portfolio level to ensure the economic success of the Client owned properties.
– Contribute to the preparation of the real estate development budget and monitor performance against the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues and areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified.
– Provide recommendations on the different investment alternatives using own expertise and analyses in order to support the Group Chief of Real Estate Operations in advising the management and the Board.
– Provide pre-acquisition inputs and assistance in due diligence process, including review of financial and operational assumptions.
– Oversee the preparation of detailed feasibility study / HBU study and provide relevant development inputs to the Finance team for the purpose of financial modelling. Manage the process of selection and monitoring of the most appropriate external agency(ies) for conducting such studies.
– Provide inputs on the marketing strategy of the Client assets.
– Through an understanding of the real estate market and analysis of various reports, support the Operations team to determine the appropriate lease rentals that Client should expect its properties to earn.
– Regularly review the asset portfolio for opportunities to add value through renovation, expansion or repositioning of the assets.
– Monitor total return for each assigned asset through analysis and identifying opportunities for improved performance.
– Participate in and lead negotiations with potential buyers.
– Oversee coordination of post-acquisition activities and integration of asset into the firm’s ownership portfolio.
– Conduct site visits and develop a strong understanding of the real estate markets in which assets are located, as and when required.
– Oversee the on-boarding of new property acquisitions and provide guidance in the disposal of assets for sale.
– Oversee the preparation of investment documents at the time of sale and / or disposal of properties.
– Stay abreast of developments in the regional and global markets by reading current literature, attending professional association meetings and conferences.
– Review and submit periodic property performance reports highlighting the overall performance to the Group Chief of Real Estate Operations.
– Perform any other ad-hoc duties relevant to the role as assigned by the Client Group Chief of Real Estate Operations as per business requirements.
– Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate or any related field is required.
– Master’s degree in Finance, Real Estate or any related field will be preferred.
– RICS or its equivalent will be of an added value.
– Minimum 10 – 12 years of relevant work experience in asset management / real estate investment management with prior experience in senior management role.
– Strong experience in managing large real estate portfolios.
– Experience in overseeing and providing guidance on feasibility studies / HBU studies
– Expertise in real estate valuations
– Sound knowledge on industry trends and best practices.
– Advanced Excel modelling skills.
– Strong computer skills, proficiency in Word / Excel.
– Strong interpersonal, analytical, organisational and negotiation skills.
– A high level of proficiency in English and Arabic, both verbal and written is required.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.