CAPA Remote Internship
CAPA’s for credit Remote Global Internships combine a 3 or 6 credit spring online Global Internship Course with a placement through CAPA’s partners across our global cities:
Barcelona | Dublin | Florence | London | Sydney
Gain international work experience and develop global professional competencies through CAPA’s remote internships. In a world becoming more reliant on connecting, collaborating and performing virtually, our remote internships educate, enable and empower you to develop skills today that will prepare you for employers’ needs of tomorrow.
Learn to work and excel in a global environment with international colleagues and student peers from across the US, gain remote professional networking and social skills, and learn how to communicate and operate in an international context. Plus, benefit from the 3 or 6 credit Global Internship Course, which focuses on building personal and professional development skills alongside other CAPA internship students. The course is delivered by dynamic academic coaches in a collaborative environment.
CAPA has been placing US undergraduates in global internships for more than 25 years. CAPA works with each student to find a placement that directly connects to interests and career goals. CAPA offers a well-established and highly respected internship program with hundreds of remote intern abroad positions available through our extensive network of placement sites across the globe.
Placements are available in a range of fields and industries, including:
Advertising & PR | Business | Communications | Data Analytics | Education | Finance | Fundraising & Philanthropy | Game Design & Development | Graphic Design | Healthcare & Life Sciences | Human Resources | Interior Design | IT & Computer Systems | Marketing & Communications | Sports Management | Video Editing & Animation | Web Design
CAPA Remote Internship Benefits
By participating in an CAPA Remote Internship, you can expect to:
- COLLABORATE with and learn from professionals in a national and international context
- ACQUIRE experience in your field from a global perspective
- GAIN exposure to, understanding of, and appreciation for diverse work cultures and practices
- DEVELOP intercultural communication skills and emotional intelligence
- PERFORM meaningful work while developing specific vocational skills
- BUILD professional and social relationships with international references
- EARN academic credit through the required Global Internship Course
- ENHANCE your resume and professional media presence
- IMPROVE your employment prospects
- EXPAND your global commercial awareness
- LEARN how to effectively articulate your learning experience and newly developed skills to graduate schools and hiring managers through in-class workshops and a live mock interview assignment
Gain International Work Experience Remotely
Sample placements vary by location and may include: Business & Markets Researcher | Business Analyst | Computer & Graphic Design Assistant | Copywriter | Creative Marketing Intern | Design Intern | Digital Advertising & Community Manager | Digital Content Intern | Digital Marketing & Sales Intern | Digital Marketing Assistant | Educational Marketing Assistant | Event Planning Assistant | Game Design Intern | Graphic Design Assistant | Health Researcher & Blogger | Human Resources Researcher | International Marketing Assistant | Journalism Internship | Marketing & Social Media Assistant | Marketing Content Coordinator | Media & Communications Intern | Policy Research Intern | PR Assistant | Publishing Intern | Social Media Intern | Video Editing & Animation Intern | Website Design Intern
Courses & Credit
Delivered by dynamic academic coaches and mentors, the course focuses on building personal and professional skills to prepare students to articulate their learning to future employers and or graduate schools. The virtual in-class active learning approach gives students the opportunity to discuss and analyze theories and models of work and to compare and contrast global organizational behavior and management in a cross-cultural context. A variety of teaching and learning activities will be used, for example: lecture, workshop, discussion, informal and formal presentations, self-guided and guided research, and mock interviews.
Build Personal & Professional Development Skills
- Communication tools, including Zoom and Google Hangouts
- Presentation technologies, including how to create narrated Google Slides presentations
- Digital recording programs such as Screencast-O-Matic for synchronous and asynchronous use
- Career-Preparedness Workshops
- Online Field Research
- Online Professional Presence Workshops