COMMON ASKED Q&A IN GULF COUNTRIES
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE MOST ASKED QUESTIONS DURING INTERVIEWS IN GULF COUNTRIES
1. Tell me about yourself.
This is the most common question asked.
Prepare a short statement that you’ve memorized. Limit it to work related accomplishments and try to stick to that which is relevant to the job you are applying for.
2. What is your experience in the field?
Talk about only your experience that is relevant to the job you are applying for.
3. What was the reason for leaving your previous job?
No matter what the reason for you leaving your previous employment always put a positive spin on it.
Never talk about problems with management or supervisors.
4. Do you believe you are successful?
Always say “yes,” and then give a quick explanation that includes things like you set goals, are an achiever, etc.
5. What would your co-workers say about you?
Have at least a couple of quotes from co-workers.
6. What can you tell me about our company?
Here’s the reason you should have done company research long before your interview.
7. In the past year how have you improved your knowledge?
You can mention a number of activities including self-improvement, and of course any job related activities.
8. Are you applying for positions with other companies?
Even if you are applying other places, you should focus on the current position.
9. Why do you want to be employed by this company?
You should have put thought into this prior to the interview.
It’s a question that’s asked often so be ready. Of course you need to be sincere.
10. What are you looking for in salary?
This is one of those questions that you want to answer with caution.
The object is to take you off guard. Instead of giving a direct answer, try “that’s a hard question to answer, could you tell me what the salary range is for the position.” COMMON ASKED Q&A IN GULF COUNTRIES
11. Do you consider yourself a team player?
The answer should always be yes and you should have some examples to present.
Don’t brag; just state your examples in a neutral voice.
12. Have you ever had to let someone go? How did that make you feel?
This is a serious question that should have a serious answer.
Don’t make it sound like it doesn’t matter to you if you have to fire people, but also let the interviewer know that you can handle this task should the need arise. COMMON ASKED Q&A IN GULF COUNTRIES
13. If you had the money to retire today, would you?
While you can say yes, remember you need this job and it’s highly unlikely you’ll be able to retire tomorrow so why risk losing a good thing? COMMON ASKED Q&A IN GULF COUNTRIES
14. Have you ever been fired or asked to resign?
If the answer is yes, answer truthfully but keep the explanation brief, and try not to say anything negative about anyone.
15. How would you be an asset to this company?
If you can’t answer this calmly and with enthusiasm you’re off to a rocky start.
Highlight your skills and accomplishments that relate to the position and give yourself a plug.
16. Why should we choose you for the position?
Now’s your chance to sell yourself.
Tell the interviewer how you are an excellent match with the needs of the company.
FOR MORE DETAILS ON INTERVIEW TIPS VISIT HERE