Top Questions You Must Prepare For
- Tell us about yourself.
- Why should we hire you?
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- Why do you want to work in this field?
- Describe a time you disagreed with a teammate or supervisor.*
- What are your strengths?
- What are your goals?
- Why do you want this job?
- What are your interests?
- Why did you choose your major?
- Tell us about a time you failed.*
- What is a weakness of yours?
- Do you have any questions for us?
Idaho Career Fair Employer Favorites
- What specific skill set do you bring to this job?
- How do you deal with stressful situations?*
- What kind of culture are you looking for in a company?
- What type of people annoy you?
- Tell us about a product you think is well-designed. How would you improve it?*
- Describe a time when you stepped out of your comfort zone.*
- Tell us about a time you planned and accomplished a challenging goal.*
- Describe a time where you had to learn a new skill.*
- When have you had many tasks to accomplish and a short amount of time to accomplish them?*
- Do you value creativity or efficiency more?
- How do you set priorities or manage time?*
- Do you prefer to work alone or on a team?
The Best of the Rest
- You have 1,000 unread emails in your inbox; whom do you respond to first?
- Describe a time you made a successful sale.*
- In what ways do you think you can make the greatest contributions to our team?
- What have you done over the past year for professional development?
- What do you bring to our organization that other candidates do not?*
- What are you passionate about?
- How do you stay on top of current knowledge in your field?
- What makes an effective team?*
- What are you currently reading/researching/working on?
- What can you contribute/bring to our organization?
- What motivates you?
- What are your hobbies?
- How would previous supervisors describe your work ethic?
- What will you do if you don’t get this job/into this program?
- How do you define success?
- Describe a time you have demonstrated leadership.*
- Are you applying for other positions/programs?
- What questions have we not asked that you wish we would have?
- Are you willing to work extra hours? Nights? Weekends? Holidays? Travel for the job?
- What would you do if you caught your boss doing something unethical or illegal?
- How many basketballs would fit in this room/why are pizzas round? (curveball questions)
- Describe a time in which you went above and beyond.*
- Who has been your favorite boss/coworker?
- Who has been your least favorite boss/coworker?
- Do you view yourself as overqualified for this position/program?
Gather Your Stories
Don’t just tell an employer that you have a skill or experience; show them by providing a specific example or story from the past.
What are some of your best professional moments and achievements? What skills did you use to accomplish them?