Complete guide to Guyana visa application 2021
Guyana Tourist Visa
A Guyana tourist visa – also known as a “visitor visa” – is issued to visa-required foreigners who want to visit Guyana for the purpose of tourism. They are usually issued for 30 days at a time, although you can apply for another 30-day extension before the current visa expires. This means you can stay for up to three months in Guyana as a tourist on a single entry.
If you receive a multiple-entry tourist visa, it will be valid for 1 year.
A Guyana tourist visa does not allow you to work.
Guyana Visa Requirements
When you apply for a Guyana visa, you have to submit several documents, which the consular staff will use to decide on the outcome of your visa. The documents differ, depending on the type of visa you need as well as the country where you are applying. However, expect to include at least the following:
- Your passport, which is valid for at least another six months.
- Three completed copies of the Guyana visa application form
- Two visa pictures, with the following requirements:
- Size: 2-inch x 2-inch
- White background
- Taken recently (on older than three months)
- You must be straying straight ahead, with a neutral face expression
- Your entire face must be visible
- No headgear is allowed unless it is for religious purposes. Even in this case, the headgear cannot cover the face. Complete guide to Guyana visa application 2021
- No large or tinted eyeglasses or eyeglasses with thick frames which obstruct the face or the eyes.
- Proof of accommodation in Guyana (such as a hotel reservation)
- Proof you have the necessary financial resources to fund your trip to Guyana
- Invitation letter from a person/company in Guyana (if applicable)
- For employment visa: A letter of approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs. Your employer has to apply for approval before you travel for Guyana.
- For student visa: The acceptance letter from the university in Guyana.
- For business visa:
- Letter of Support from your sponsor or the host company/organization
- Letter of Invitation from your sponsor or the host company/organization
- Business Registration and TIN Certificate of the host company/organization
- If you are applying by mail: Mail Order or a pre-paid envelope to cover the return of the documents.
Guyana Visa on Arrival Requirements
Nationals of Bolivia and the United Arab Emirates can get a Guyana visa on arrival. They do not need to apply at an Embassy or Consulate of Guyana for a short-term visa. You have to start the application for the visa on arrival here.
If you are from another country, you can also get a Guyana visa on arrival if you cannot access a Guyana Embassy or Consulate abroad. The following categories can apply for a Guyana visa on arrival:
- Tourists/visitors with a letter of invitation or sponsorship from someone in Guyana
- Foreigners with permission to work in Guyana from the Ministry of Home Affairs
- The spouse of a foreign worker in Guyana who is travelling with them.
- Foreigners admitted as students to a Guyana education institution and with approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs
To get a Guyana Tourist Visa On Arrival you need:
- Two passport-size pictures
- Letter of invitation from your host or sponsor in Guyana
- The name and contact information of your host or sponsor in Guyana
- The address of where you will stay while you are in Guyana
- Proof you have the financial requirements to cover your stay
To get a Guyana Employment Visa On Arrival you need:
- Approval for the employment visa and work permit in Guyana. Your employer has to apply for your work permit at the Ministry of Home Affairs before you travel for Guyana by submitting the following:
- Proof that the company is a registered and established business, in line with the requirements in Guyana.
- Your personal information and contact information.
- The employer’s personal and contact information
To get a Guyana Student Visa On Arrival you need:
- Approval for you to study in Guyana, which your school has to get for you before you travel. To get approval, they have to submit the following to the Ministry of Home Affairs:
- A document containing the name, address, and contact information of the school
- The address of where you will stay when you are in Guyana
- Your acceptance letter in the school
- Proof of financial support which will cover you while you study in Guyana
To get a Guyana Business Visa On Arrival you need:
- A document containing the name of the company and of a representative of the company
- Address and contact information of the place you intend to stay while you are in Guyana
- The inviting company has to submit your intended place of stay and the name of the business as well as the nature and address of the business to the Ministry of Home Affairs.
If you do not have a letter of invitation/sponsorship or approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs, then you will not receive the visa on arrival!
How to Apply for a Guyana Visa?
You have to apply for a Guyana visa at one of the Embassies and Consulates of Guyana abroad:
- Find the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Guyana. Contact them to learn about their visa application requirements. They usually have contact information on their websites.
- Collect the required documents. The Embassy/Consulate will provide you with a detailed list of the requirements.
- Complete the Guyana visa application form.
- Submit the required documents and application form at the Guyana Embassy/Consulate. You can submit in person or by mail, depending on the country.
- Pay the Guyana visa fee.
- Wait for the visa to be processed. This usually takes at least five working days. Then, you may have to go receive your visa personally, or they will mail it back to you. Complete guide to Guyana visa application 2021
Every Embassy or Consulate of Guyana has its own requirements and application processes. This is merely a general guide, and you should always contact the relevant diplomatic missions when applying for a visa.
If you cannot apply through an Embassy or Consulate of Guyana, you may be able to receive a Guyana visa on arrival. Please see who is eligible for the VOA below, under the “Guyana Visa On Arrival” section.
Guyana Visa Fees
The visa fees for Guyana are as follows:
- Guyana tourist visa fee: USD 25
- Guyana employment visa: USD 140
- Guyana student visa: USD 140
- Guyana business visa: USD 140
The Embassy or Consualte where you are applying for the Guyana visa will inform you how to proceed with payment.
Duration of a Guyana Visa
A Guyana tourist visa will initially be issued for a maximum of 30 days. Before your tourist visa expires, you can apply to extend it twice more, each time for another 30 days. This means you can stay in Guyana with a tourist visa for up to 3 months.