Application Deadline: June 15th 2022
DAAD In-Country/In-Region Masters/PhD Scholarship Programme 2022/2023 for Sub-Saharan African citizens The DAAD awards funding to Sub-Saharan African students for full-time Master or PhD degrees in their own country or another Sub-Saharan African country as part of its In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme.
The programme promotes the mobility of researchers between Sub-Saharan African countries and capacity building at Sub-Saharan African universities.
Master and PhD scholarships in this programme are awarded for preselected degree programmes in development-related and SDG-oriented fields at preselected Sub-Saharan African institutions. Scholarships are awarded to Sub-Saharan African students for study and research in their home country (In-Country) or in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region).
Current Open Calls
- Ghana – West African Center for Crop Improvement (WACCI), University of Ghana, Subject fields: Master Seed Science and Technology (Master)
- Malawi – Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR), Subject field: Aquaculture and Fisheries Science (PhD)
- Namibia – University of Namibia (UNAM), Subject fields: Biodiversity Management (Master)
- South Africa – (In-Region scholarships only; In-Country scholarships for South Africa are addressed in a separate call for applications -> DAAD South Africa In-Country
- Stellenbosch University (SUN), Subject fields: Molecular Biology and Human Genetics (Master, PhD) as well as Mathematics (Master, PhD)
- University of Witwatersrand, African Centre for Migration and Displacement (ACMS), Subject field: Migration and Displacement Studies (Master, PhD)
For More Information: DAAD In-Country/In-Region MA/PhD Scholarship Programme