Fulbright Foreign Student Program in USA
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program enables graduate students, young professionals and artists from abroad to study and conduct research in the United States at U.S. universities or other academic institutions.
USA Universities and Academic Institutions
Field(s) of study:
Fulbright encourages applications from all fields, including interdisciplinary ones.
Number of Awards:
Approximately 4,000 foreign students receive Fulbright scholarships each year.
International students from 155 countries around the world
Generally, the grant funds tuition, airfare, a living stipend, and health insurance, etc. The Fulbright program provides funding for the duration of the study.
See the official website and country specific websites for the complete list of scholarship benefits.
Program eligibility and selection procedures vary widely by country. Please see the country specific websites to find information about the Fulbright Program in your home country, including eligibility requirements and application guidelines.
All Foreign Student Program applications are processed by bi-national Fulbright Commissions/Foundations or U.S. Embassies. Therefore, foreign students must apply through the Fulbright Commission/Foundation or U.S. Embassy in their home countries. Deadline varies per country but is around February to October annually.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) and the country specific websites for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://foreign.fulbrightonline.org/about/foreign-fulbright
Related Scholarships: List of USA Scholarships
Fulbright scholarships to study in the USA
Wondering how to study in the United States without breaking the bank? The Fulbright Foreign Student Program awards about 8,000 scholarships annually and exists in more than 160 countries. Eligibility criteria, application procedures and grant amounts vary from one country to another. The prestigious Fulbright scholarships are awarded by binational Fulbright commissions or US embassies. The program often covers most of participants’ study costs but is extremely competitive.
- Al Ghurair University Admissions Process
- MASTER OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT ADMISSIONS
- ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS UNIVERSITY OF DUBAI
- UNIVERSITYN OF SHARJAH ADMISSIONS FOR YEAR 2021-2022
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY SCHORALSHIPS 2021-2022
- Al-QASIMIA UNIVERSITY SCHORALSHIP – 2021/2022
- STOCKTON UNIVERSITY ADMISSIONS 2021-2022
- PRINCETON UNIVERSITY ADMISSIONS
- HARVARD UNIVERSITY ADMISSIONS AND APPLICATIONS
- COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY ADMISSION FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
- STANFORD UNIVERSITY ADMISSION FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
- Abu Dhabi University Scholarships 2021
- Fully Funded Abu Dhabi University Scholarships 2021
- Turkish Diyanet Burslari Scholarship Application 2021-2022
What kind of Fulbright scholarships are available for foreign students?
Countries do not always offer the same Fulbright grant opportunities. Nevertheless, there usually are 3 main types of Fulbright scholarships: Fulbright Foreign Student Program in USA
- the Fulbright post graduate scholarship, which allows foreign graduate students to study or conduct research in a US university or think tank,
- the Fulbright visiting scholar grant, for foreign scholars aiming to conduct post-doctoral research in a US institution,
- the Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) scholarship, which is designed for young teachers of English as a foreign language wishing to teach their native language in the USA. This scholarship is not available everywhere. You can find information about this program in your country here.
Scholarships generally are awarded either for 6 months or one academic year. Fulbright grants may cover all or part of the following costs: round trip tickets, food and accommodation, tuition fees, health insurance, visa fees…
Who can apply for a Fulbright scholarship?
To be able to apply for a Fulbright scholarship, the program must operate in your home country. Each country has specific requirements: visit fulbrightonline.org to learn about the procedures in your country. In all cases, Fulbright applicants are expected to:
- meet the citizenship requirements,
- hold at least a degree equivalent to a bachelor’s degree,
- have an excellent academic background,
- have a well-defined project and personal leadership ability.
To find out more about the Fulbright scholarships :
Visit the Fulbright program section on the US Department of State website.