HOW TO APPLY FOR A GEORGIA VISA
What Are the Types of Georgia Visas that I Can Apply for
The Georgia government issues the following types of visa to foreign nationals:
- Category A (Georgia Diplomatic Visa).
- Category B (Georgia Special Visa).
- Category C (Ordinary Georgia Visa).
- Category D (Georgia Immigration Visa).
- Category T (Georgia Transit Visa).
Georgia Diplomatic Visa
This type of Georgia visa, as the name suggests, is issued to foreign diplomats who are visiting Georgia for diplomatic and official reasons. The family members of the main visa holder are also included.
Georgia Special Visa
This type of Georgia visa is issued to:
- Service passport holders and members of foreign delegations visiting Georgia for work and to their family members.
- Consular workers, administrative, technical and service staff of foreign diplomatic missions, and international and humanitarian organizations located in Georgia.
- Members of military/peacekeeping forces and international bilateral/multilateral treaties of Georgia
- Members of missions of benefit to Georgia
Ordinary Georgia Visa
The Category C visa is the type of Georgia visa you need if you are travelling for tourism or other short-term purposes (not included in the categories above). Ordinary Georgia Visas are then further divided into:
- Georgia Tourist Visa (Georgia C1 Visa), issued to foreigners travelling to Georgia for tourism
- Georgia Visitor Visa (Georgia C2 Visa), issued to foreigners who are travelling to Georgia to visit friends and/or family
- Georgia Business Visa (Georgia C3 Visa), issued to foreigners who are travelling to Georgia to conduct business, take part in a cultural/sports/pedagogical event, as a journalist, etc.
- Georgia Mission Visa (Georgia C4 Visa), issued to foreigners travelling to Georgia as part of a humanitarian mission during life-threatening situations
Georgia Immigration Visa
This is the type of visa issued to foreigners who want to enter Georgia with the purpose of long-term settlement, such as:
- Georgia Work Visa, issued to foreign nationals who have found a job in Georgia or are joining the Georgian branch of a foreign company
- Georgia Student Visa, issued to international students who have been accepted into a Georgian higher education institution
- Georgia Family Visa, issued to foreign nationals who want to join a family member who is a Georgian citizen or legal resident.
Georgia Transit Visa
The transit visa for Georgia is for visa-required nationals who have to transit through the territory of Georgia on their way to a third country.
Georgia Visa Requirements
When applying for a Georgia visa, you must have several documents to support your application, including:
- The printed-out Georgia Visa Application Form. You have to complete the form online, print it, and sign it.
- Your passport, which has been issued in the last ten years and has at least two blank pages. The passport must be valid for at least three more months from the time you intend to depart Georgia.
- Proof of sufficient financial means to cover the duration of your stay, such as:
- Bank statements from the last six months
- A letter confirming your salary
- Pay slips, etc.
- Confirmed round-trip ticket.
- Travel health insurance, covering the entire duration of your stay.
- Proof of accommodation in Georgia.
- Proof you have paid the Georgia visa fee.
- Passport-size pictures, in line with Georgia visa photo requirements. The picture you attach when applying for a Georgia visa should have the following specifications:
- Dimensions: 5 mm length x 4 mm width
- Resolution: 300 DPI
- Taken in front of a white or off-white background
- It must be taken recently (no older than six months) and reflect your current appearance
- You must be staring straight ahead at the camera
- You must not have glasses on
- You must not have any headgear. Only head coverings for religious purposes are accepted, and only when they do not obstruct the face
- The picture must be of high quality – there cannot be any under-, or over-exposure, shadows, or glare.
- Any additional documents attesting to your purpose of travel (see below).
Georgia Tourist Visa (Georgia C1 Visa) Requirements
If you are travelling to Georgia for tourism (ie. on a Georgia C1 Visa), in addition to the standard set of documents listed above, you need:
- Proof of accommodation shown in the form of:
- Hotel reservation
- Rental agreements
- If you are staying with a friend/relative: A notarized Letter of Invitation from the person inviting you. You can download the Invitation Form from the website of the Georgia Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- If you are travelling with a travel agency or organized group: Include the trip itinerary or agenda
Georgia Business Visa (Georgia C3 Visa) Requirements
If you apply for a Georgia C3 Visa (Business Visa), the additional documents you need are:
- Notarized Letter of Invitation or Invitation Form from the company that you will visit or conduct business with while in Georgia. You can download the Invitation Form from the website of the Georgia Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- If applicable: Sufficient financial means can be shown through proof of sponsorship or proof your employer will cover your expenses.
- Letter from your employer confirming your employment, and that you are undertaking the trip for business purposes.
Georgia Work Visa Requirements
If you are travelling to Georgia because you have found a job, and will be employed there, you also need the following documents, in addition to the standard ones:
- The employment contract, stating the duration and nature of your employment and the salary you will receive.
- Proof of academic certificates or other qualifications
Georgia Student Visa Requirements
If you have been accepted into a Georgia educational institution, when you apply for the Georgia Student Visa, you will also need the following:
- Letter of enrollment in the authorized education institution in Georgia
- Proof of financial means, such as through:
- Bank statements from the past 6 months
- Proof you have obtained a scholarship
- Proof of sponsorship
- Proof you have paid the tuition fee
- Proof of previous academic qualifications
Family Visa Requirements
When you apply for a Georgia Family Visa, the additional documents you need include:
- Documents proving family relationship, such as:
- A marriage certificate for spouses
- Birth certificate for parent-child relationship
- Proof of the sponsor’s legal status in Georgia, such as their ID Card or Residence Card
This is not an exhaustive list of the required documents. The embassy or consulate in which you apply may ask for additional documents as they see fit.
The documents you submit have to be translated either in Georgian or English, and both the translation and original have to be submitted.
Several of your documents may have to be legalized through an Apostille Stamp or at the Georgian embassy or consulate or notarized, or both.
How to Apply for a Georgia Visa
You have to apply for a Georgia visa at a Georgian diplomatic mission in your country or in a neighbouring country, unless you are eligible for the Georgia eVisa (see below). The application process for a Georgia visa is as follows:
- Submit an online application. First, you have to submit an electronic application through the E-Application System, so as to make your appointment for the submission of documents at an embassy or consulate. (Submit the electronic application here.)
- You also have to upload a picture (size: 5 mm length x 4 mm width, resolution: 300 DPI). Make sure the picture follows the exact requirements described below, or the program will not allow you to upload it.
- Gather the required documents. After you submit the Georgia visa online application, you must gather the required documents which support your visa application (see Georgia visa requirements below).
- Pay the Georgia visa fee.
- Submit the documents at a Georgian diplomatic mission. After you pay the visa fee and have gathered the documents, you must submit them in person or by mail at a Georgian diplomatic mission. You choose which diplomatic mission you will apply in from the E-Application System.
Once your visa is processed, the Georgia consular/embassy staff will affix the visa on your passport. They will either mail the passport back to you, or you have to go pick it up yourself. HOW TO APPLY FOR A GEORGIA VISA
You can use your visa to enter Georgia for the number of days that is indicated.
Georgia Visa fees
The Georgia visa fee is €20. You have to make the payment at the bank account of the Georgia consulate or embassy in which you will submit your documents. Find out where to submit the visa fee payment here.
You may also have to pay a 2% service fee, depending on the consulate/embassy, as well as the bank service fee.
Georgia Visa Processing Time
The processing time for a Georgia visa depends on the type of visa you are applying for:
- A short-term visa is processed within 10 calendar days
- A long-term visa is processed within 30 calendar days
- A D5 immigration visa is processed within 10 calendar days
- An e-VISA is processed within 5 calendar days
Who is eligible for the Georgia eVisa
Nationals of the following countries are eligible for the Georgia eVisa:
|Up to 90 days with a 180-day period (multiple entries)|
|Guatemala||Kiribati||Marshall Islands||Micronesia||North Macedonia|
|Palau||Paraguay||Peru||Saint Kitts and Nevis||Saint Lucia|
|Samoa||Solomon Islands||Suriname||Trinidad and Tobago||Tuvalu|
|Up to 30 days within a 120-day period (multiple entries)|
|Cambodia||Cape Verde||The Central African Republic||China||Comoros|
|Papua New Guinea||Philippines||Rwanda||Sao Tome and Principe||Togo|
If you are eligible for a Georgia eVisa, you do not have to apply in person at a diplomatic mission at all. The entire process takes place online. HOW TO APPLY FOR A GEORGIA VISA
How to apply for the Georgia eVisa?
You have to apply for the Georgia eVisa through the eVisa Portal from anywhere in the world. The application process is as follows:
- Complete the online application
- Attach electronic files of the following documents
- Your passport
- Proof of accommodation in Georgia
- Your travel and health insurance
- Proof of sufficient financial means (such as bank statements)
- Any other documents related to your purpose of travel
- Make the eVisa fee payment ($20) through your debit or credit card
- Wait for the visa to be processed. The processing time for an eVisa is five calendar days.
- If your visa is approved, you will receive an electronic version of the visa, which you have to print.
You can travel to Georgia with the printed Georgia eVisa form and the physical copies of all the required documents.
Remember: The eVisa for Georgia is only for short-term stays (up to 30 or 90 days, depending on the country.) If you want to stay longer than the eVisa allows, you have to apply the regular way at a Georgian embassy or consulate for an Immigration Visa (Category D) and then apply for a Residence Permit once you arrive in Georgia.
What is the Duration of a Georgia Visa?
If you receive a single-entry Georgia visa, you can only stay in the country for up to 30 days. The multiple-entry Georgia visa, on the other hand, is valid for up to five years, allowing the holder to remain in the country up to 90 days in any 180-day period.
If you want to stay in Georgia long-term, after you enter Georgia with an Immigration Visa, you have to apply for a Georgia Residence Permit and later a Residence Card from the Georgia Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Public Service Hall of the Georgian Ministry of Justice. HOW TO APPLY FOR A GEORGIA VISA
Can you Extend a Georgia Visa?
According to the Georgia Ministry of Foreign Affairs, you can only apply to extend a Special and Diplomatic Visa (A and B Categories), as well as the Georgia Student Visa (D3) or the Georgia Investor Visa (D5).
To extend a Special and Diplomatic Visa, you must apply at the Ministry of Foreign affairs in Georgia, whereas the Student and Investor Visas can also be extended at the Public Service Hall of the Georgian Ministry of Justice.
Georgia Residence Permits
Foreigners who enter Georgia with an Immigration Visa have to apply for a Residence Permit from the Georgia Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Public Service Hall of the Georgian Ministry of Justice. Residence Permits for Georgia are usually issued for a period of one year and can be renewed annually.
Within one month of receiving your Residence Permit, you have to apply for a Residence Card at a local office of the Public Service development agency or Public Service Hall
- Complete guide to Indonesia visa application 2021
- Complete guide to Cambodia visa application 2021
- Complete guide to Brunei visa application 2021
- Complete guide to Bangladesh visa application 2021
- Complete Guide to Bahrain Visa
- Complete guide to Azerbaijan visa application
- Complete guide to Almenia visa application 2021
- Complete guide to Ecuador visa application 2021
- Complete guide to Mexico visa application 2021
- Complete guide to Guyana visa application 2021
- Complete guide to Cuba visa application 2021
- Complete guide to Colombia visa application 2021
- Complete guide to Argentina visa application 2021
- Complete guide to USA visa application 2021
- Complete guide to Egypt visa application 2021
- Complete guide to Ethiopia visa application 2021