HSC Results 2023 /2024 Mauritius – mes.intnet.mu Online Top 500 The Higher School Certificate (HSC) examination is the culmination of a student’s secondary education in Mauritius. This two-year program typically takes place in Forms V and VI, during which students study various subjects and prepare for the HSC examinations.
The HSC examination is typically held in November each year. Students sit for multiple papers, depending on the subjects they have chosen. The examination is rigorous and designed to assess students’ knowledge, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
HSC Results 2023 Mauritius:
Students in Form IV must select at least six major courses for their Cambridge School Certificate (SC), which is equivalent to the GCE ‘O’ Level examination. Form V is used for this assessment. Following this, a two-year upper secondary education (Lower VI and Upper VI) culminates in the Cambridge Higher School Certificate (HSC), which is the GCE ‘A-Level.
The results of the previous year’s Higher School Certificate were released in February 2022. It is expected that this will be announced in the first week of February 2023.
Once the HSC results are released, students in Mauritius eagerly await their fate. High-achieving students may find themselves with multiple university offers and scholarship opportunities, while others may need to reconsider their educational and career plans. The results can shape the next steps in a student’s academic journey and career path.
Students who excel in their HSC results often pursue degrees in various fields, including science, technology, engineering, mathematics, humanities, and the arts. Others may opt for vocational training or apprenticeships, depending on their interests and aptitudes.
HSC/GCE ‘A’ LEVEL OCT/NOV 2023 Results
- Candidates who have sat for the above examination in October/November 2023 will be able to accede to their results online in the First week of February 2023 from 13 30 hours (Mauritius Time).
- School Candidates: School candidates must contact the Rectors of their respective schools to get the login credentials. Candidates should view their results online.
- Private Candidates: The credentials (login and password) for private candidates have been sent
through the post. In the eventuality that candidates would not have received their credentials by February 2022, they are kindly requested to collect same at the Mauritius Examinations Syndicate on the same day and bring them Identity Card/Passport and their Index Number.
MES HSC Results 2023:
- A login (Username) together with a Password has been handed out to the students already and students will be able to view their results on the website of Cambridge. Students not having an Internet connection at home can view their results from their respective colleges as from today afternoon.
- The pass rate for this year is 75.46% which is higher than that of last year’s. 11 252 candidates (10 970 from Mauritius and 282 from Rodrigues) participated for the HSC exams last year.
- The success rate was at 75.31% last year. We will update this post with laureates list in the coming hours.
How to check MES HSC Results Online?
The Mauritius Examinations Syndicate (MES) makes it possible for students and parents to view their Cambridge HSC results online. Students can view their sc results once the MES Mauritius has officially declared them.
- Step 1: Open your laptop or mobile.
- Step 2: Open Internet Browser.
- Step 3: In address bar type URL : http://mes.intnet.mu
- Step 4: In the main menu go to “Examination” -> “Secondary” -> “Cambridge HSC”.
- Step 5: Check the HSC 2022 Results.
- Final Step: Download the result file.
AddressMauritius Examinations Syndicate , Réduit 80834, Mauritius
Phone (+230) 4038400 (30 Channels) (+230) 4545450 and (+230) 4546487
Grading System in Mauritius
Most Common Francophone
|Grade||Scale||Grade Description||US Grade||Notes|
|THF||18.00 – 20.00||Highly Honorable with Praise (Très Honorable avec Felicitations du Jury )||A+||Rarely awarded|
|TB||16.00 – 17.99||Very Good – Highest Honors (Très Bien)||A|
|B||14.00 – 15.99||Good – High Honors (Bien)||A-|
|AB||12.00 – 13.99||Fairly Good – Honors (Assez Bien)||B|
|P||10.00 – 11.99||Satisfactory (Passable)||C|
|CP||Sufficient (Passable)||D||Conceded pass if semester/yearly average of grades remains above 10|
|E||0.00 – 9.99||Fail (Échec)||F|
International Baccalaureate Diploma
|6.00 – 7.00||A|
|5.00 – 5.99||B|
|4.00 – 4.99||C|
|3.00 – 3.99||D|
|1.00 – 2.99||F|
|0.00 – 0.99||F|
|Grade Description||Division||US Grade|
|First Class Honours||A|
|Second Class Honours||Lower Division||B|
|Third Class Honours||B-|
|Second Class Honours||Upper Division||AB|
University of Technology Mauritius
|A||70.00 – 100.00||A|
|A-||65.00 – 69.00||A-|
|B||60.00 – 64.00||AB|
|B-||55.00 – 59.00||B+|
|C||50.00 – 54.00||B|
|F||0.00 – 49.00||F|
HSC Professional Qualification
The HSC Professional Qualification (HSC Pro) is an alternative qualification to the
traditional HSC. It provides a pathway to those students who, after their School
Certificate, are looking for a course of study more geared to the world of work, while
still keeping open the option of going for tertiary studies.
Students choosing this pathway will opt for syllabuses which have an applied
learning dimension to them. They will also spend time in the workplace, carrying out
supervised work placements. For the piloting, the project will focus on the ICT sector,
but it is going to be extended to other sectors of the economy as well (tourism, agro-
Why the HSC Pro?
The HSC Pro seeks to provide an alternative pathway to students who do not see in
the current HSC a viable pathway to the world of work. It will also suit the needs of
students who are seeking a different approach to their learning. The HSC Pro will
equip students with the skills they require to enter the world of work or go for higher
The HSC Pro will also address the mismatch which exists between the skills required
by labour market and those with which HSC students leave school. The HSC Pro
seeks to close this gap by drawing on industry expertise to finalise course contents
while remaining alert to the requirements of the job market.