Jobs in ras al khaimah- BackEnd Engineer
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Employment type: permanent
Olduvaicareers.com on behalf of InterNations GO! brings you jobs in ras al khaimah- BackEnd Engineer is a relocation service company started by InterNations, the largest global network dedicated to expats. Born from the challenging relocation experience of a community of over 3.4 million expats, we founded InterNations GO! to solve the common problems that expats encounter when moving and living abroad.
In line with our mission of making expat life a great experience, we have built a digital platform, powered by an extensive global network of expert relocation partners, with whom we help individuals, families, and small companies to relocate. We provide an answer to essential relocation needs in a single place. We now want you — a BackEnd Engineer— to help us further evolve our platform and offering, By extension you will help anyone who wants to move abroad achieve their dreams.
You will be part of a team which develops our content offering, whether applied to short marketing endeavors or long-form relocation guides. Together with our brand, product, marketing, and sales teams, you will help shape our platform by creating content that is relevant to our future customers, and partners.
Because we aspire to do more and better, we are looking for a skilled PHP Backend Engineer to join our company.
What you’ll do:
- Be a key member in a small cross-team
- Architect, implement and test new functionalities
- Develop software in an agile team and contribute to maintain the quality, performance, responsiveness and longevity of our products
- Mentoring less experienced colleagues and support their growth
- Bettering our skills, teaching each other and learning ways to build better software
- Object-oriented PHP
- MVC frameworks, preferably (but not mandatory) Symfony 4
- Solid software architecture and design patterns knowledge
- RESTful API development and XML/JSON processing
- Relational databases and non-relational
- Team worker with experience in agile methodologies
It is an exciting time to join us. We are growing our team in the beautiful city of Porto, working in an open warehouse in Matosinhos (as soon as we resume activities after the quarantine). Our office is a short walk away from the beach, with the best surfing and seafood available in town. We enjoy the perks of flexible and remote working arrangements, private health insurance, free language classes, annual trips overseas, and a monthly food allowance. As part of an industry disruptive start-up you can make a difference. You will help us build a service platform that makes relocation attainable for individuals. Surrounded by globally minded professionals, you will join an environment where your career challenges grow more exciting by the minute.
If you believe you are the best candidate for this position, we will be happy to receive your application (CV and a succinct cover letter) today!