Job description / Role
The role is responsible for general maintenance of facility, furnishings, and equipment in guidance of Section Manager – Maintenance. Routine tasks of checks and actions ensuring that malfunctions are avoided and proper reporting of incidents and instances are to be followed. The support in visual merchandising is also a major area of scope.
– Carry out repairs and maintenance work as requested by the Maintenance Manager, ensuring that work is carried out safely and efficiently.
– Ensuring that reported accommodations’ maintenances are addressed.
– Take receipt of deliveries and to store items or goods pertaining to maintenance.
– Keep secure all cleaning materials and equipment issued.
– Report all potential accidents and make sure that any accidents are recorded.
– Respond promptly to all maintenance call; and other tasks such as charging light bulbs, unclogging drains etc.
– Keep Maintenance Logs
– Keep Track of Maintenance Supply Inventory
– Maintain knowledge of modern maintenance techniques, machinery, processes and equipment and recommend any new systems that will enhance the effectiveness of the maintenance function.
– Ensure that all maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with the company’s health and safety requirements and in compliance with relevant health and safety legislation.
– Support the operations team in visual Merchandising.
– Overview and support as required if the task is performed by external Maintenance vendors
– Minimum qualification of Diploma, preferably in maintenance
– Must have minimum 2 years of experience, at least 2 years in same position.
– Good English communication skills
– Must have good interpersonal skills and confidence.
– Reliable, committed and self-motivated
– Excellent skills in solving maintenance conflict
– Attention to details
About the Company
The Ali Bin Ali Group is a privately owned company with a heritage that dates back to 1945. Our roots began with a vision to provide quality international products and services to the people of Qatar. Today our Group is one of the largest retail and distribution companies in Qatar. We are also proud to say we have a long-standing reputation for building successful partnerships with the world’s leading brands across a diverse range of business activities. This success is born out of our unwavering commitment to the long-term development and strategic growth of not just our Group but also that of our partners.
Our knowledge of the market is unrivaled. That is what keeps us ahead in an environment of phenomenal growth in Qatar. The Ali Bin Ali Group has evolved and grown in response to Qatar’s diversifying requirements.
As a Group, we thrive on innovation, which is the key to our consistent market share results and achievement awards. The Ali Bin Ali Group operations are currently local but our standards are International. Our partners and competitors credit us with an impeccable reputation and with excellent public and private sector relationships. But from our perspective our most important affirmation comes from customer satisfaction across each of our Group’s business divisions.