Network Environmental Health & Safety program manager
To support a fast growing user community of our new and innovative products, we are continually expanding our network infrastructure around the globe. Our projects face complex environmental health and safety (EHS) challenges every day and we are looking for a Program Manager, Network EHS to oversee a world-class, global EHS program covering construction and operations of new terrestrial and subsea optical networks.Connecting the world requires alternative approaches to building and deploying telecom network infrastructure. Through direct engagement with partners around the world, the Network Investments team seeks to foster the development of open, shared transport network infrastructure to bring more people online to a faster internet. If you have a passion for emerging markets, social impact and a desire to leverage working relationships with mobile operators, ISPs and other industry stakeholders to drive EHS innovation in the network infrastructure domain, then this is a great role for you!
- Overall ownership of the global Network EHS program.
- Collaborate closely with FB project partners across the Americas, EMEA and APAC regions, bringing a client-service mindset to how we engage with partners around EHS excellence.
- Drive development of tools/content for Audits & Self-Inspections, Incident Reporting & Tracking and Risk Evaluation & Management and an expanding digital document library.
- Organize and execute training Workshops with project partners worldwide, then guide delivery of on-going coaching, scorecarding and project partners’ program improvement including onboarding new project partners to the Network EHS program.
- Engage with operators and infrastructure partners on a business level to help them transform their EHS programs while simultaneously improving business outcomes.
- Use both leading and lagging indicators to judge program success and identify areas for additional focus. Conduct recurring program performance reviews with internal stakeholders.
- Advocate internally at Facebook and with the partner community at large on how to maximize opportunities to safely deploy telecom infrastructure.
- Contribute to development of local, regional and international EHS strategies aimed at reducing overall risk levels while rapidly increasing Facebook’s fiber network footprint.
- Assemble presentation materials and other technical documentation in support of cross-functional communications within Facebook as well as with our external partners.
- Stay abreast of EHS developments in the terrestrial and submarine optical network infrastructure space and share that knowledge with the wider Facebook team.
- Monitor emerging EHS policies and industry practices to help determine how to best evolve the Network EHS program.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 25% or more of the time.
- BA/BS or higher in Industrial Engineering, Construction Management, Environmental Science or another discipline or equivalent degree/experience.
- 10+ years of experience with defining and operating EHS programs related to large-scale linear infrastructure development.
- Experience coaching other EHS professionals along with program audits and job-site audit.
- Experience operating EHS programs within the US/EU, with a background in emerging markets projects (i.e. Sub-Saharan Africa, southern/southeast Asia, and/or Latin America).
- Knowledge of global EHS regulations, codes, standards, directives and administrative policies as well as experience with EHS management systems.
- Effective communication and presentation skills with experience presenting to both technical and business audiences, including to executive level decision makers.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment and interacting with a diverse, globally distributed cross-functional team.
- Background in the telecoms industry or the public utilities/energy industry.
- French fluency.
- Experience with consultant services, such as buying services and managing consultants.
- Professional membership, registration and/or certification from an accredited EHS organization in one or more relevant areas.
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.