Railway Safety Manager RATP Dev
Job description / Role
RATP Dev, a subsidiary of the RATP Group, ensures the operation and maintenance of urban and interurban transport networks in 12 countries through over 110 subsidiaries. With over 18,000 employees and the expertise and backing of a global leader in public transportation, our subsidiaries provide performance, dynamism and reliability to our customers and passengers to their networks.
RATP Dev will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extension therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting opportunity in Egypt.
• Manage all activities associated with operational safety functions within the company and the Cairo Metro in accordance with the company’s Safety Certification requirements, risk based management and legal framework under the ArCairo Development Authority (ADA), ensuring Rules and Operating Procedures, Safe working policies and practices are consistently followed and enhances in order to achieve and maintain operational safety certification and risks are managed in day to day operations.
• In accordance with strategic guidance, produce an Annual Health Safety Environment and Quality Plan (HSQEP).
• Support the HSQE Directorate to deliver the Plan, develop the customer service culture and meet and continuously improve specified KPI targets within the Plan in accordance with the Annual Budget.
• Develop the Integrated Management Systems with the support of the other directorates in order to obtain certification for ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OSHAS 18001, ISO 5500, ISO 11001 and to support the application Operating License from the SRO. Appoint and engage with an ICP in order to gain an operating License from the SRO
• Develop Ensure high quality and consistent HSQE work practices and culture in normal, degraded and emergency modes through the development and continuous improvement of the HSQE Plans, Policies, Procedures Work Instructions and Forms as part of the IMS in order to improve quality and reduce of environmental, health and safety liabilities associated with passengers, employees and the environment.
• Meet the KPI targets for F1 and F2 Employee and Contractor Injuries; F3 and F4 Passenger Injuries; H1 Achieve Annual Performance of the Environmental Plan.
• Ensure that sufficient, qualified HSQE Staff are provided and managed in accordance with the Staffing Plan, Recruitment and Training Plan, Saudisation Plan and HR Plan through recruitment, training, performance management and ongoing competency management processes in order to to meet the established KPIs.
• Develop and maintain of the Hazard Log and the Principal Risk register and identify and effectively mitigate to level acceptable to the OMCO Board all hazards relating all OMCO activities in accordance with the Risk Management Plan.
• Ensure the initial and ongoing competency of all staff members in accordance with the OMCO Competency Management System (CMS).
• Ensure Regulatory obligations and opportunities are achieved and maximised.
• Manage Network Safety Compliance and operational safety assurance functions within OMCO including implementation of the book of rules in coordination with the Operations Directorate
• Oversee rail safety performance standards by ensuring effective oversight of assurance activities, incident investigations and the adoption of remedial action aimed at securing rail safety.
• Management and oversight of the Operations Safety Certification requirements for the Cairo Metro, with a special focus on management, coordination and control of the Operations Hazard Logs for the respective lines
• Manage and oversee operational safety incidents occurring within the Cairo Metro and establish response guidelines that will facilitate prompt remedial action.
• Support ongoing development of the legal compliance register and programs to ensure the HSQE team and line managers have an increased awareness of legal responsibilities.
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world’s densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world’s fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.