Job description / Role
– The incumbent is responsible for supporting the implementation, configuration, maintenance of Middleware application based on Mulesoft ESB Platform, in addition to supporting application releases, monitoring production environment, and resolving problems related to Middleware deployment other related integration for applications.
– Identify, analyze and develop interfaces and integration flows using Mule ESB Anypoint platform including Mule Runtime Connectors.
– Deep understanding of Synchronous / Asynchronous communication patterns and problem-solving abilities with respect to Message Sequencing, Correlation, and Queuing.
– Knowledge of Integration Design patterns for building middleware systems from the ground up using Message Routing, Content Enrichment, Message Filtering, Message Transformation, Guaranteed Delivery, Message Sequencing, Batch Message processing, error handling and reconciliation mechanisms.
– Knowledge of Web Services Interoperability, WS standards and ability to suggest, criticize and formulate solutions in a multi-vendor and architecture committee meetings.
– Good knowledge of SOA architecture and fluency in web service standards such as WSSE and technologies (XML, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, UDDI, REST) is a must.
– Good understanding of relational databases; experience working with different adaptors and JMS queues required.
– Implementation experience with Mule API management portal or another framework is preferred.Some implementation experience with framework-based J2EE solutions is preferred.
– Knowledge of Security, Logging, Auditing, Policy Management and Performance Monitoring and KPI for end-to-end process execution.
– Analyze business processes and design IT systems to meet the requirements of the CBD Business Functions
– Document functional and non-functional (security, availability, performance) software specifications in alignment to the corporate guidelines and principles.
– Evaluate and analyze business requirements and engineer appropriate solutions based on the Middleware technology.
– Collect and document interface requirements and specifications.
– Develop, test, implement and support application interfaces by utilizing the firm’s Middleware tool set to manage transactions and data flows on multiple technologies, platforms and applications.
– Develop, maintain and support platform dependent adapters.
– Develop and enhance Bank’s application architecture by utilizing the shared Middleware services.
– Keep abreast of, research and advice on new/latest technological developments and their successful deployment in similar industry settings.
– Ensure that the System Operator take the routine backups of data related to the Middleware application.
– Take periodic back-ups of the complete system aside from overseeing System Operators’ routine back up activities for Middleware system.
– Restore and test the back-ups on a periodic basis.
– Constantly test and update procedures pertaining to disaster recovery of the Middleware system.
– Undertake software development activities and ensure timely and accurate delivery of the specifications
– Undertake unit and system integration testing in order to meet software quality objectives
– Undertake application support and maintenance activities
– Prepare projects and applications reports adhering to the Bank’s policies, procedures, and guidelines in order to satisfy internal and external reporting requirements.
– Prepare technical manuals for users and operators of the applications
– Train key users to the applications functionality, including the identification, troubleshooting and reporting of issues
– Prepare Application System Recovery Plans
– Continuously develop own expertise, optimising on-the-job and formal training opportunities.
– University graduate in Computer Science with specialization in System Analysis and Design.
– Professional qualifications in Software Development, Agile Development and Software Applications Lifecycle Management
– Excellent English. Knowledge of Arabic will be an added advantage
– 6+ years of experience in implementing and Integration Middleware and Enterprise Service Bus platforms using Mulesoft Anypoint Connect (Mule ESB)
– Proficient in developing J2EE applications, experience in web based programming
– Good communication skills
– Analytical skills
– Report writing skills
– Supervisory skills
– Inter- personal relations skills
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.