Job description / Role
What you will do:
• Monitor and maintain client Telecommunication system / Radio Communication System on various sites (Onshore/Offshore) including international link to client Headquarters and ensure the continuity of operation on 24X7 and subject call for any major incident 24X7.
• Serve as consultant to other departments on network infrastructure and telecom hardware and software issues.
• Provide Level 2/3 Telecom & Network Support to client network and telecommunication infrastructure (LAN/WAN/Wireless/Radio Communication System) to 700+ users over 6 sites in the UAE, including one offshore site and one plant in Dubai
• Manage client Telecom/ network infrastructure and devices such as Structured cabling, Routers, switches, firewall, access point, ToIP system, voice gateway, wireless network, CCTV, Access Control and Datacenter as per client standards.
• Participate in various Telecom equipment installations, repairs, modification and interventions as and when required throughout the company sites onshore and offshore.
• Perform periodic maintenance to ITT installed main equipment, and carries out periodic programmed operation testing of most systems (onshore & offshore sites)
• Record all modifications, repairs & changes using ITSM tool provided by the company.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• Engineering degree or equivalent
• Professional experience in networking & Telecom (in years): 10+
• Professional certifications CCNP RS, CCNP collaboration are mandatory
• Experience in the work methods and practices in oil & gas field facilities onshore and offshore.
• Knowledge in network infrastructure, structured cabling, data centre Facilities.
• In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, EIGRP, OSPF), IP addressing in a complex environment.
• In-depth understanding of leased circuits, ISDN, PRI, PSTN, MPLS, IP connect, ADSL, PABX, ToIP
• Experienced in Radio Communication Equipment VHF/UHF / ATEX / Radio BEACON / Handheld and base radio.
• Solid background in network administration and architecture
• Familiarity with access control models and network security
• Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. SolarWind, WhatsUp, PRTG)
About the Company
WTS Energy is the leading Consultant/Manpower Supply company to the International Oil, Gas an Energy industry. We supply Consultants to the Projects and Operations of our Clients. We also perform Outsourcing Services like Project Recruitment Campaigns and Workforce Management in Oil and Gas regions around the world.
We operate globally with offices in 12 countries, supplying the International Oil, Gas and Energy industry with professional personnel.
We offer hands-on support to our consultants in every region in which they work. We provide the best people to Upstream, Midstream and Downstream projects and operations. We serve our Clients and Consultants based on trust, high ethical standards and consistent quality of service.