The appointed person will be responsible for (but not limited to):
• Implementing and/or monitoring the implemented EHSMS risk control mechanisms, conducting daily inspections, and fully implementing the Action Notice system to proactively address EHS non-conformances and identify good EHS practices on the project.
• Advising the Project Team regarding operational risk management and promoting the integration of EHS into daily operations to ensure a positive EHS Culture is established on the Project.
ALEC Engineering and Contracting LLC
• Fully implement the ALEC EHSMS on a Medium to Low-risk Project (not necessarily low budget- risk-based, not cost-based).
• Develop and/or ensure bespoke Project EHS Plan and relevant associated management plans are developed and implemented using the approved baseline documents on ALEC Central, incorporating Client/Consultant requirements.
• Comply with physical site safety requirements inclusive of all areas e.g. offices, welfare, laydown areas, etc.
• Plan daily activities for CRM TEAM.
• Plan interface with Vendors.
• Understand the commercial impact of works cessation.
• Maintain accurate HSE statistics for the Project.
• Conduct Dashboard inspections or ensure that they are conducted as per EHSMS requirements
• Report to Senior Site CRM Representative regarding unsafe acts and conditions requiring management intervention.
• Accurate and orderly maintenance of EHSMS records and files.
• Accurate compilation of weekly and monthly Project EHS statistics for submission to Client/Consultant and Head Office respectively.
• Conduct daily physical site inspections in area/s of responsibility.
• Issue Action Notices (minimum of 3 per day) for EHS violations or good practices, ensuring they are effectively followed up and closed out on time.
• Conduct random inspections to ensure compliance to issued work permits.
• Conduct random inspections to ensure the operations team are implementing EHSMS controls as detailed on the task-specific MSRA.
• Review project risk assessments.
• Facilitate and/or participate in Incident Investigations.
• Conduct, or ensure that, Planned Job Observations are conducted against approved MSRA on high-risk activities.
• Monitor subcontractor activities and EHS management on-site and conduct subcontractor audits.
• Immediately report high-risk non-compliances requiring management intervention to Senior Site CRM Representative for further action.
• Implement EHS Training, Awareness & Incentive programmes on the project
Desired Candidate Profile
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
• Diploma in EHS Management and/or an Engineering discipline.
• Must have NEBOSH IGC.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Construction Safety Officer in the UAE and be familiar with local regulatory requirements as well as an in-depth understanding of the complexities of the organization’s operations and the inherent risks associated with them.
• Must be fluent in English and Hindi (read, write, speak).
• Must have good computer skills
• Registration as a professional with an accredited organization.
• Familiar with regulatory requirements, team management skills, statistical analysis, communication, and reporting skills.
• Demonstrate ALECs EHS Culture in attitude and behaviour.
• Ability to resolve conflict related to non-conformances on site