SOUS CHEF AT EMIRATES FLIGHT CATERING, sous chef job salary, sous chef job description pdf, sous chef job description resume chef de partie job description, sous chef job offer, junior sous chef job description, executive sous chef job description, head chef job description
Applications are invited for the position of Sous Chef – Kosher Arabia
Kosher Arabia is a new joint venture between EKFC and CCL to produce kosher food in Dubai of the highest quality for airline and non-airline consumption. It brings together the world’s leading Kosher certification standard with the world’s largest international airline catering to create a premium Kosher product in Dubai. SOUS CHEF AT EMIRATES FLIGHT CATERING
· Supervise and allocate work to subordinates, observe the working methods and productivity of assigned staff, assist them, and coordinate with senior production staff to provide them with the necessary training ensuring a smooth workflow and target output achievement.
· Ensure desired output delivery through effective roster planning / scheduling.
· Take responsibility for timely and efficient production in accordance to specifications, recipes and passenger load requirements ensuring minimal wastage, applying effective controls.
· Check and ensure that the dishing is correct in weight, presentation and items are prepared as per airline specifications, and food products are color coded with dates.
· Be responsible for Gold standard recording for safe food with daily monitoring and follow up for corrective action
· While handling daily operational activities find solution to problems and take corrective action before they occur and ensure that the Sr. Sous Chefs and Executive Sous Chefs are kept informed about the daily production, problems encountered and actions taken
· Manage the implementation, updating and following of SOPs in respective section, take corrective action on non-conformances and brief the team on preventive measures. Ensure all teams follow approved recipes and methods
· Assist in new recipe creation, trials and implementation of new products/dishes ensuring that the team understands the client expectations.
· Prepare, update and maintain production sheets including separate breakdowns for all international airlines/catering businesses to support all intra department requirement
· Ensure that a proper stock rotation is maintained, on time deliveries, high quality service and strict adherence to the laid down hygiene procedures.
· Contribute to Kitchen revenue through effective food cost / wastage control
· Comply with and practice the company’s established Safety & Hygiene Policy and Procedures.
Essential Requirements and Competencies
Qualification, Experience and Skills
· Hotel Management or Culinary degree
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the culinary field
· Hotel Catering equivalent in 5 star facility with an excellent knowledge in all aspects of cooking and different cuisines Previous experience in high volume a la carte and / or banqueting in a large kitchen team preferred
· Ability to provide feedback and coaching
· Ability to develop himself / herself in the current role and beyond
· Willingness to take on responsibility
· Effective delegation skills
· Problem solving and decision making ability in real time, creative and out of box thinking
· Strong Interpersonal skills, organizational skills and effective Training and communication skills