Special Needs Teacher, Special Needs Teacher salary, teacher rights when assaulted by special needs student
Instruct students with physical, cognitive, and emotional/behavioral challenges by adapting and developing educational materials to meet the unique needs of students. Strive to ensure that students reach their full learning potential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop and implement individualized educational plans and instructional programs.
2. Provide ongoing and periodic evaluations of student’s progress and make recommendations concerning curriculum areas to be emphasized and required accommodations.
3. Develop and maintain a professional relationship with parents/caregivers and inform them of the student’s progress.
4. Maintain an accurate record keeping system.
5. Provide supervision and direction to classroom paraprofessionals.
6. Implement behavior intervention techniques for classroom management
7. The ability to physically intervene or provide physical assistance in the classroom
8. Participate in MET and IEP meetings
9. Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary team to implement therapeutic and educational programs.
10. Comply with ACCEL policies.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer
- REGISTRAR NEUROSURGERY
- Process Engineer – III – GRP
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer
- Supplier Relationship Management Senior Manager
- Pharmacist – Jeddah
Directly supervises one or more paraprofessionals in the classroom and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Special Needs Teacher
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Master Degree minimum in Special Needs Education and One year classroom teaching experience preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret educational documents and assessments in English Language. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from parents/caregivers and other individuals authorized to obtain educational information.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
1. Prepares lesson plans and develops creative teaching and learning activities, which reflect sound teaching principles, and meets physical, emotional, and educational needs of students.
2. Instructs students in educational, social, behavioral, daily living, vocational and recreational skills adapting materials and teaching methods to fit student’s unique learning style. Is directly responsible for the safety, well-being, and work output of students. Special Needs Teacher
3. Evaluates student’s progress through ongoing and periodic assessments. Uses a variety of diagnostic tests, informal rating scales, observational opportunities and other means, as appropriate.
4. Consults with teachers, therapists, directors and other school professionals to provide collaborative programming and problem solve student issues.
5. Develops and writes Individual Education Plans (I.E.P) for each student. This includes obtaining parent and therapy input.
6. Participates in MET and IEP meetings providing student’s present level of performance and formulating annual goals and objectives.
7. Administers school and state mandated assessments.
8. Submits reports to Supervisors for distribution to parents, school districts, Department of Education, agencies or other authorized parties.
9. Maintains ongoing dialog with parent/caregiver/guardian regarding student’s progress via written, email and/or phone communications.
10. Supervises, trains and evaluates classroom paraprofessionals. Organizes and plans activities for paraprofessionals to implement.
11. Instructs and assists students in personal cleanliness and hygiene.
12. Plans and/or supervises experience trips, recreational outings and educational fieldtrips.
13. Maintains a well-supervised classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
14. Assists in the development and implementation of approved behavior management programs for students.
15. Maintains classroom furniture, equipment and materials.
16. Participates in school meetings, in-services, and committees designed to improve/enhance the overall school program.
17. Maintains regular attendance. Special Needs Teacher
18. Records and maintains accurate data of student activity such as behavior, educational tasking, attendance, etc.
19. Performs related duties, special assignments and projects as required by the Principal and VP of Educational Services.
Fluency in English Language Skills. Writing IEPs )improvement plans/reports) or other associated reports.