UM Learn Login : Compete Guide How to Access U of M LMS Portal
UM Learn Login : Compete Guide How to Access U of M LMS Portal UM Learn is the University of Manitoba’s Learning Management System.
Computer check – does your computer meet the minimum requirements.
IMPORTANT: As of June 27, 2020, UM Learn requires a UM email address and password for access – you will be taken to a different page to log in.
For assistance, contact IST Service Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org or (204) 474-8600 (North America Toll-free 1-844-616-1756).
How to log into UM Learn
- Visit to universityofmanitoba.desire2learn.com.
- Click on the “UM Learn Login” button.
- On the new login page, enter your UM email address.
- Enter your password.
- Click “Sign in” or press Enter.
Changed UM Learn Login. After this system update, you will be required to check in to UM Learn using your UM email address rather than your UMNetID.
How to access your course in UM Learn
- Log in to UM Learn using your email address and password.
- Scroll down the page until you see the “My Courses” widget where each course is represented by an image.
- If needed, click “List all courses” to see courses that do not appear in the list.
- Further, if you need to search, you can use the Advanced Search option to find the course.
- Once you find the course, click on the image or course name to access the course.
How to view your final grades in U of M Aurora
- Go to Aurora Student
- Click on “Enter Secure Area”
- Follow the login instructions (Your user ID is your student number)
- Click on the “Enrolment & Academic Records” tab
- Click on “Student Records”
- Click on “Academic Transcript”
- Click on “View Web Transcript” then hit “Submit”
- Your final grade(s) will appear. Note: this is not an official transcript.
How to VW from a course at U of M
The decision to stop attending class after the revision session has ended is known as a voluntary withdrawal (VW). VW will appear on your official transcript, which means you won’t get credit for the work you’ve already completed and won’t earn a tuition refund.
You have to formally drop a course using Aurora Student on or before the VW deadline. You are not immediately withdrawn if you stop going to classes or don’t pay your tuition.
As a VW should never be your first option when you have worries, you should always consult an advisor before moving forward. A VW may impact one’s eligibility for scholarships, on-campus housing, and student loans.
- Log onto Aurora
- Click on Registration
- Click on Add or Drop Classes
- Select the term of the course you are registered in*
- A list of courses that you are registered in will appear. Choose the course you would like to voluntarily withdraw from. On the Action column, from the dropdown menu select Voluntary Withdrawal Web**
- Click Submit Changes.
Students who have holds on their accounts may not withdraw from courses. Consult a representative in your home faculty for assistance.