Application Deadline: March 31, 2022
University of Nairobi Master’s Scholarship Programme in German Studies (Funded) The programme “Promotion of DaF courses to support German universities abroad” offers master’s courses in German as a foreign language (DaF) at selected locations in order to train German teachers as needed. In view of the increasing need for qualified teachers at universities in sub-Saharan Africa, this program aims to train young African graduates of German programmes for a career as a German teacher as well as for an academic career.
The two-year master’s programme (M.A. German Studies) was introduced in 1993 at the University of Nairobi (UoN). The DAAD has been funding the course since 2011 from the title “Scholarships for the training and further education of African German students and German lecturers” with up to 10 scholarships (in country and in region) at the UoN as well as the one-semester stay in Germany included.
- Bachelor’s Degree in German Studies or German as a Foreign Language (DaF) as a major or minor
- At least Second Class Upper Honors,
- Knowledge of German at least at B2 level or equivalent
- The last degree should not be more than 6 years old at the time of application
Participation in the two-year master’s course in German Studies at the University of Nairobi including a research stay in Germany at the beginning of the second year of study (if funds are available)
- Grant rate of 240 euros per month (for Kenyans) or
- Grant rate of 380 euros per month (for non-Kenyans)
- Payment of the tuition fees at the UoN
- Annual research grant
- Health insurance (for non-Kenyans only)
- Travel allowance (for non-Kenyans only)
For More Information: