Chhattisgarh Infotech Promotion Society (CHiPS: https://www.chips.gov.in/) is the nodal agency and prime mover for propelling IT growth & implementation of the IT & e-Governance projects in the State of Chhattisgarh. CHiPS is involved in the end-to-end implementation of some mega IT Projects like, SDC, SSDG, SWAN, GIS, SETU, e-Procurement etc. A professional approach being adopted for the implementation of IT Projects using the services of e-Governance experts and consultants from corporate and academia. ICT has the potential to significantly improve this contribution. In doing so, Government of Chhattisgarh seeks to create an IT environment in the state wherein investments in IT are not only encouraged but actively facilitated.
We aim to achieve quality and excellence in state government services to citizens, state transactions with citizens and businesses, and internal state governmental operations / functions through the strategic deployment of information technologies.
2. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:As a Mobile App Developer (Android App), you’ll be working on diverse projects. To be successful in this role, you must demonstrate your knowledge of critical thinking, and problem solving.
The role of the Mobile App Developer (Android App) is to ensure that the strategic and organisational objectives as well as the values of CHiPS are put into practice. The Mobile App Developer (Android App should be responsible for design, development and maintenance of the software applications. Preferably should have worked on design and development of Software applications for Government/Government Institution. The candidate should be well informed of the latest technology in software development.
The candidate should be an outcome-oriented executive, capable of leading the creation of and energising the institutional, human and technical capacities necessary to realise the unique and ambitious ICT agenda of the State.
The candidate should fulfil the mandatory requirements listed below and should embody a rich combination of the requirements listed as desired.
3. Job Description:
- Proven experience in the Native Android App Development (Java Preferred), SQLite Database, HTTP API, Google cloud, Firebase Integration.
- Reviewing current systems
- Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
- Working closely with analysts, designers and staff
- Producing detailed specifications and writing the program codes
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
- Preparation of training manuals for users
- Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
- Quickly produce well-organized, optimized, and documented source code.
- Debug existing source code and polish feature sets.
4. MandatoryEducational Qualifications:
- B.E./B.Tech. (Information Technology/Computer Science/E&T) or MCA or M.E./M.Tech or equivalent, recognised by or under the regulations etc. of relevant regulatory body, obtained upon successful completion of studies (excluding studies in distance education mode) as a regularly enrolled student; in respect of degrees or diplomas awarded abroad, candidate should submit relevant details establishing equivalence with the above qualification, and the decision of the Selection Committee regarding the acceptability of such qualification as equivalent qualification shall be final.
- At least experience of 3 years in case of Bachelors’ degree or
- 2 years in case of Master’s degree.
- Must have worked in related language or skill set required* for the post.
Preference will be given to experienced candidates of Software Development work in Govt. Organization.
5. Key Skills:
- Experience of project delivery within a time frame.
- Good time management skills.
- Expertise in current computer hardware and software
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
6. Desirable Skill Set for the Post:
- Skill Set: Must have knowledge of Native Android App Development (Java Preferred), SQLite Database, HTTP API, Google cloud, Firebase Integration.
- Teamwork: Should have showed effective and active participation in a large team. Should have capability to independently manage assigned work as a member of a team.
- Attitude – Should have 24×7 working attitude to work in difficult terrain
Last date of receiving applications: 25th August, 2020