Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2021 is Open.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is delighted to invite you for the 2021/2022 academic session to apply for the government of the Brunei Darussalam Scholarship.
The scholarship award is held by Brunei Darussalam and offers candidates the chance to undertake a Certificate, Baccalaureate Degree, and MA in one of the following universities:
- Politeknik Brunei (PB)
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) and
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA)
When the award is approved, a statement confirmed that the terms are understood and agreed to must be signed.
- Citizens of the ASEAN, Commonwealth, and the OIC Member States are free to apply but not limited to them.
- For bachelor and diploma programs, the applicants’ age must be between 18 and 25 years old and not above the age of 35 years for postgraduate Master’s programs
- The Brunei Darussalam Scholarship is NOT for permanent residents of Brunei Darussalam.
Brunei Darussalam Scholarship Requirements
After the application is satisfactory and the Brunei Darussalam scholarship is given, the applicant will be provided with a complete list of the terms and conditions of the scholarship. When the award is approved, a statement confirmed that the terms are understood and agreed to must be signed.
#1. Part One
The following general conditions are:
The beneficiary of the bursary will be provided with the following benefits:
- exemption from tuition fees for the length of the program including accepting, reviewing, registering, and orienting fees;
- An economic class air ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the country of origin/domicile of a student before the course begins and an economy class air ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the country of origin/domicile of the scholar upon completion of the course
- BND$500.00 personal monthly allowance
- BND$150.00 for monthly meals
- BND$600,00 annual book sponsorship
- Residence at the University/Polytechnic Residential College
- The baggage allowance for the transportation to the country of origin/country of residence of the recipient of the Brunei Darussalam scholarship upon completion of the program shall be as high as:
- BND$250.00 for ASEAN country applicants, or
- 500.00 BND$ to a non-ASEAN country
- Comprehensive insurance protection in the bursary. Before leaving for Brunei Darussalam and for the duration of the bursary the bursary is advised to take more insurance through his own pocket
#2. Part Two
Without the prior approval of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Brunei Darussalam scholarship is not kept at the same time as any other scholarship, award, or loan. If the student is found to hold another scholarship, grant, or loan without prior written approval by the Ministry it may be terminated or revoked immediately.
#3. Part Three
A beneficiary of the bursary is not encouraged to bring with him family members for the course of the bursary. The scholar shall not be paid a marriage or children’s allowance and any accompanying mother, infant or child will have no accommodation.
#4. Part Four
A recipient of a bursary is not allowed to take on a paying job or to work in Brunei Darussalam during the term of the study at any of the country’s representative missions. Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2021 is Open.
#5. Part Five
A recipient of a scholarship must:
- Comply with all the laws and regulations that underlie this bursary;
- Comply with University/Polytechnic rules and regulations;
- Respect for Brunei Darussalam’s customs, history, and official religion;
- Comply with Brunei Darussalam’s laws and regulations;
- Do not indulge in political activity;
- If deemed required by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, undergo health checks in Brunei Darussalam.
#6. Part Six
When the program is over, the beneficiary of the bursary is expected immediately to vacate Brunei Darussalam.
How To Apply for Brunei Darussalam Scholarship and Deadlines
- Request forms must be properly completed and approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for candidate-country scholarships.
- Applicants must also have a safety clearance declaration (i.e. a statement, which certifies that applicants are free of any criminal and civilian charge) from their National Security Agency(s)/Police Station.
- A completed request form must be sent by email to the address below:
NOTES: The maximum allowable size is 10MB for email and attachment files)
We Also Recommend
- Please notice that all application forms and documentation to support them must be submitted as Word Document / PDF / JPG (compressed archive (.zip)
- An online request must also be made by the applicants to Universiti Brunei Darussalam scholarship through https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/
- Incomplete application forms are not taken into account
- The closing date of approval of completed requests and approved copies of certificates and documents shall be no later than 1600 hours (Brunei time) on Feb 15, 2021.
- An applicant may be expected to attend an interview in certain locations that the institutions that offer programs may decide and to perform a written test in order to assess the candidate’s English / Malay / Arabic language competence (where applicable).
- Brunei Darussalam’s government reserves the right to refuse requests. Any controversy or investigation surrounding the decision taken shall not be conducted. It shall be informed by e-mail only to qualified applicants.