Job ID: 24118
Elementary / Early Childhood Teaching/Elementary Grades
Northwest Local School District Offices
2021-2022 School Year
Northwest Local School District – website
Remote Learning Academy Teachers – 6 positions available (Kindergarten-Elementary K-8 or Elementary 1-8 certificate/license required)
Please upload transcripts when applying
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
The district offers a range of academic programs to its students through advanced placement courses, gifted education, college preparatory courses, as well as career vocational and special education programs. The Northwest District actively works to integrate technology into the curriculum, and to evaluate the effectiveness of its programming in order to maximize student achievement. We continue to strive for Excellence in all of our schools, and move each student forward in their academic progress.
While academics and technology are major concerns, extracurricular activities are also an important part of student life. The district offers numerous opportunities for students to participate in a variety of high quality athletics, musical organizations, career vocational and other academic clubs. A major driving force behind the district’s success is the community of caring stakeholders. Along with a successful Business Partnership Program, and active Booster and Alumni Programs, the Northwest Local School District has outstanding faculty and staff who have crafted a progressive educational agenda to guide the work of the district. Northwest Local School District is a community with a proud heritage. It is a community of caring people, justifiably proud of its accomplishments, and an ideal place to raise a family. Business Week magazine recently named Groesbeck as the top Great Place to Raise Kids. Groesbeck is a Northwest community that provides a good measure of all the things a child needs to grow and prosper. It was rated on the number of public and private schools in the area, and how well the reading and math test scores at those schools stacked up against the state average. Cost of living, low crime rate, proximity to a wide variety of recreational and cultural activities, along with the local schools were, factored into the rating to make Groesbeck the best place to live.
It is important to note that the Northwest Local School District’s voters passed a Bond Levy in 2015 to build new schools. Three new state-of-the-art elementary buildings opened their doors at the beginning of the 2018/2019 school year.
Vision and Mission
Northwest Local School District’s mission is to create a responsive learning community where all students are valued, challenged and guided along a pathway to success.
Teaching and learning in the Northwest Local Schools will:
- Provide learning experiences that empower students to contribute to a future not yet imagined
- Inspire learners to adapt, be resilient, collaborate and problem solve
- Create a supportive social-emotional culture
- Provide a foundation to cultivate healthy relationships
- We believe students and staff excel best when they feel welcome in the building, safe in their classrooms and trustful of each other
- We believe all students and staff can learn and deserve opportunities to show and achieve success
- We believe valuing diversity and working to understand one another is vital and important
- We believe a high priority should be placed on providing holistic support to ensure success for all
- We believe building and maintaining collaborative relationships with community members is foundational to teaching and learning in NWLSD