Complete guide to Cambodia visa application 2021
Types of Cambodian Visas
There are two main types of visas for Cambodia:
- Tourist visas (T). They are issued only for tourism purposes.
- Ordinary visas (E). When you initially receive an ordinary (E) visa for Cambodia, it has the same duration as a tourist visa. However, you can then extend it when you are in Cambodia according to your purpose of travel:
- Cambodia Business visa (EB), for business travellers, or those who will work in Cambodia long-term. This visa can be extended for up to one year.
- Cambodia Retirement visa (ER), for foreign nationals over the age of 55 who are retired and can sustain themselves financially without working. This visa can be extended for up to one year.
- Cambodia Student visa (ES), for international students who are admitted into a Cambodian educational institution. This visa can be extended for up to one year.
- Cambodia Job-seeking visa (EG), for foreign nationals who are in Cambodia to look for a job. This visa can be extended for up to six months. Complete guide to Cambodia visa application 2021
Cambodia E visas that are extended for more than 30 days are multiple entry visas.
How to Apply for a Cambodia Visa?
You can apply for a Cambodia visa through one of the following methods:
- Online (Cambodia eVisa). You can only enter through specific airports/land borders.
- On arrival – at an airport or border crossing.
- At an Embassy of Cambodia abroad.
Getting an eVisa
You have to apply for the Cambodia eVisa through the official website of the Cambodian Foreign Affairs Services. The tourist visa (T class) is the only Cambodian visa which is issued online.
- Start the application process through the official government website (here).
- Pay the application fee through your debit or credit card. The cost of a Cambodia eVisa is US$30 plus a US$6 processing fee.
- Wait for the visa to be processed. This will take about three days.
- Receive the Cambodia eVisa confirmation.
- Travel to Cambodia and show the confirmation to the Immigration officers at the entry point.
You can enter Cambodia using an eVisa through one of the following entry ports:
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Preah Sihanouk International Airport
- Cham Yeam (Koh Kong) – Thailand border
- Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey) – Thailand border
- Bavet (Svay Rieng) – Vietnam border
- Tropaeng Kreal Border Post (Stung Treng) – Laos Border
Note: Because of the COVID-19 restrictions, Cambodia eVisas are not available for the time being. You will have to apply at an Embassy/Consulate of Cambodia instead. Complete guide to Cambodia visa application 2021
How to Apply for a Cambodia Visa on Arrival?
You can apply for a Cambodia visa on arrival for tourism (T class) or business purposes (EB visa):
- Fill out an immigration card which you receive on the airplane. If you do not get an immigration card on the airplane, you can get it at the airport/entry point.
- Wait in line at the visa on arrival application counter. There will usually be a sign at the airport/entry point leading to where the application centre is.
- Present your passport, immigration card, passport sized pictures, your return travel ticket, as well as enough cash to pay the visa fee. The fee for a Visa on Arrival is US$30 for a tourist visa and US$35 for business visas. You must pay in US dollars in cash.
- Wait for a few minutes until the immigration officers process your visa application.
- The immigration officer will also take your picture and fingerprints before stamping your visa on the passport.
You can get a Cambodian visa on arrival at one of the following entry points:
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Banteay Chakrey International Border Check Point
- Bavet International Check Point
- Kha Orm Sam Nor International Check Point
- Oyadav International Check Point
- Phnom Den International Check Point
- Prek Chak International Check Point
- Samrong International Check Point
- Tropeang Sre International Check Point
- Tropieng Phlong International Check Point
- Anglong Veng International Check Point
- Cham Yeam International Check Point
- Doung International Check Point
- Osmach International Check Point
- Poi Pet International Check Point
- Prum International Check Point
- Dong Krolar International Check Point
Note: Because of the COVID-19 restrictions, you cannot receive a Cambodian Visa on Arrival at the moment. The borders with Vietnam, Thailand, and Laos are closed. You will have to apply at an Embassy of Cambodia instead.
How to Apply for a Cambodia Visa at an Embassy?
You can apply for a Cambodian visa at one of the diplomatic missions of Cambodia abroad, such as an Embassy or Consulate:
- Locate the nearest Embassy/Consulate. See a list of diplomatic missions of Cambodia here, along with their addresses and contact information.
- Contact the Embassy/Consulate or visit its website to learn more about the visa application process and requirements.
- Collect the required documents. There will usually be a list of documents on the website.
- Go to the Embassy/Consulate in person or send the application by mail, depending on their specific requirements.
Note: Because of the COVID-19 travel restrictions, an Embassy/Consulate is the only place where you can get a Cambodian visa.
What Documents Do I Need for a Cambodia Visa?
When you apply for a Cambodia visa, you will need to present the following documents:
- Your passport, which must be valid for at least another six months and with at least one blank visa page
- A return-trip ticket.
- Cash in US dollars to pay the visa fee (US$30 for tourist visa; US$35 for ordinary visa)
- When applying at an Embassy: Any other documents that the immigration officers require, such as a cover letter, invitation letter, etc.
After you arrive in Cambodia, you will need additional documents to extend your ordinary visa, depending on the type of extension you need, such as a work contract, proof of enrollment in a Cambodian school, etc.
What Is the Duration of a Cambodia Visa?
Once you receive a Cambodian visa (whether online, on arrival or at an Embassy), you can stay in Cambodia for up to 30 days from the day you enter.
Can You Extend a Cambodia Visa?
Yes, you can extend all Cambodian visas, both tourist and ordinary:
- A Cambodia tourist visa can be extended only once for another 30 days at the Immigration Department of the Cambodian National Police. Complete guide to Cambodia visa application 2021
- Ordinary (E) visas can be extended for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months, depending on your need, at the Immigration Department of the Cambodian National Police. When you extend your visa, you must have with you all the relevant documents relating to your purpose in Cambodia. If you are going to work, you need a work contract/letter, if you will study, you need a letter of enrollment, etc.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND